Monday, November 2, 2015

Ponderize: “… we are the children of God”

I have been “ponderizing” the following scripture for two weeks. I believe one could write and entire book on the topics it touches.

“16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together."—
Romans 8:16-17

But for the moment let’s focus on the “simple” thought that we are all children of God. As a parent I have come to understand what it means to love without condition. I love all of my children. At times I am happier for one and more concerned about another yet my love for them is not differentiated based on their worldly success. I feel compassion when they have challenges even when their actions contributed to the problem because I know them. My love is for them strengthened when I see them serving each other, their children, and performing unselfish acts for others. I would do almost anything to help them in times of need regardless of any frustration I feel.

2002 Fallbrook - cropped

Being a parent helps give us a glimpse of how God feels about us as we consider our feelings for our children.

He loves us without condition. He is happy when we succeed. He is pleased when we serve others and cares little for our material success other than to the extent we use it to help others and it reflects our personal development.

I guess it is stating the obvious to say that we need to be more like Him in all aspects of our life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding this post.