We had an excellent turnout. Well over 60 people showed up to listen to the candidates talk about why they were running and respond to questions. I thought all candidates did an excellent job communicating their message and I thought the residents asked excellent questions. Examples include:
- You say you want to encourage additional business to come to Highland. What specifically would you do?
- Do you have a position on Sunday closing?
- Why was nothing done to revise the town center development code after Toscana was built?
- Why aren’t the bad roads being repaired?
- How much debt does the city have?
- Where do you stand on Prop 1 (county 1/4% sales tax increase for transportation)?
Scott Hart recorded this event (applause please). Here is what I like about each of the candidates along links to their videos: