Below is the agenda for our May 19th City Council Meeting along with my video preview. This meeting will be held at city hall. There will be limited space because of distancing requirements. We will also stream it on our YouTube channel (click here to watch). If you want to provide comments in open comment (unscheduled public appearances) portion of the meeting or for any specific agenda item and are not physically present please call 346-248-7799 and use the meeting ID 839 5020 414. You can also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the meeting. Staff will read your comments during the meeting at the appropriate time.
Note, individuals, especially those in a high-risk category, are strongly encouraged to participate in the meeting virtually!
The complete agenda (162 pages) which includes the staff reports associated with each item can be accessed by clicking here.
Tuesday, May 18, 2020 at 7:00 PM
UNSCHEDULED PUBLIC APPEARANCES
Time has been set aside for the public to express their ideas, concerns, and comments
- JOINT MUNICIPAL/PRIVATE OWNED RECREATION CENTER – Tony Johns
Items on the consent agenda are of a routine nature or have been previously studied by the City Council. They are intended to be acted upon in one motion. Council members may pull items from consent if they would like them considered separately.
- ACTION: Approve and Authorize the Mayor to sign a contract with Holbrook Asphalt Company for Construction of the 2020 Road and Trail Preservation Project not to exceed 361,557.24 Administrative
- ACTION: Approve and Authorize the Mayor to sign a contract with M&M Asphalt Services for the Crack Seal Work for the 2020 Trail Preservation Project not to exceed $28,016 Administrative
- ACTION: Approval to Replace the Heater Boiler at City Hall Administrative
- ORDINANCE: Amending Chapter 3.08 Purchases and Encumbrances Legislative.
The City Council will consider a request by Highland City Staff to amend Chapter 3.08 Purchases and Encumbrances related to the process for City purchases and encumbrances.
- ACTION: Ratifying the Mayor’s Appointment of Jessica Anderson, Natalie Reed, and Kim Rodela to the Library Board Administrative
PUBLIC HEARING/ACTION: ADOPTING THE TENTATIVE BUDGET FOR FISCAL YEAR 2020-2021 Administrative
PUBLIC HEARING/ACTION: SBGS RIDGELINE HOLDINGS IS REQUESTING APPROVAL OF A MAJOR AMENDMENT TO FAIRFIELD COVE PD DISTRICT. THE PROPERTY IS APPROXIMATELY 2.85 ACRES AND IS LOCATED AT 10272 N 4800 W Legislative
ACTION: SBGS RIDGELINE HOLDINGS, LLC IS REQUESTING PRELIMINARY PLAT APPROVAL FOR A 7-LOT SUBDIVISION. THE PROPERTY IS APPROXIMATELY 2.85 ACRES AND IS LOCATED AT 10272 N 4800 W Administrative
ACTION: PARK IMPROVEMENTS REQUESTED FOR WILDROSE PARK Administrative
ACTION: APPROVAL OF AN AGREEMENT WITH PAT ROBINSON FOR A SEWER EASEMENT TO FACILITATE THE CONSTRUCTION OF THE 9600 NORTH SEWER PROJECT Administrative
PUBLIC HEARING/ORDINANCE: A REQUEST BY HIGHLAND CITY STAFF TO AMEND SECTION 3-4902 AND 3-4903 OF THE DEVELOPMENT CODE RELATING TO P.O. ZONE LAND USE (TA-20-07) Legislative
PUBLIC HEARING/ORDINANCE: A REQUEST BY HIGHLAND CITY STAFF TO AMEND MULTIPLE SECTIONS IN THE DEVELOPMENT CODE RELATING TO LARGE ANIMAL SHELTERS (TA-20-10) Legislative
PUBLIC HEARING/ORDINANCE: A REQUEST BY HIGHLAND CITY STAFF TO AMEND SECTION 10-102 IN THE DEVELOPMENT CODE RELATING TO DEFINITION OF MAIN DWELLING UNIT. (TA-20-11) Legislative
ACTION: APPROVAL OF AN AGREEMENT WITH THE UTAH DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION (UDOT) FOR THE SIGNAL LOCATIONS AND ACCESS MANAGEMENT OF STATE ROUTE 74 (ALPINE HIGHWAY) Administrative
MAYOR/COUNCIL AND STAFF COMMUNICATION ITEMS
- Future Meetings
- May 26, Planning Commission Meeting, 7:00 pm, City Hall
- June 9, City Council Budget Work Session, 7:00 pm, City Hall
- June 2, City Council Meeting, 7:00 pm, City Hall
- June 16, City Council Meeting, 7:00 pm, City Hall
- June 23, Planning Commission Meeting, 7:00 pm, City Hall