Below is the agenda for our May 5th City Council Meeting along with my video preview. This will be a virtual/electronic meeting. We will stream it on our YouTube channel (click here to watch). If you want to provide comments in open comment (unscheduled public appearances) portion of the meeting or for any specific agenda item please call in (253-215-8782) during the unscheduled public appearances portion of the meeting or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the meeting. Staff will read your comments during the meeting at the appropriate time.
The complete agenda (141 pages) which includes the staff reports associated with each item can be accessed by clicking here.
Note, last week the Governor move the state to a moderate COVID-19 risk level (orange). In doing so he issues an order that we comply with the Moderate Risk Phase Guidelines. They include::
- Do not allow children on public playgrounds.
- Do not engage in close-contact or team sports
- Social interactions in groups of 20 or fewer (formally 10)
- Dine-in services, including buffets and bars, may be open under the following requirements …
Tuesday, May, 2020 at 7:00 PM
UNSCHEDULED PUBLIC APPEARANCES
Time has been set aside for the public to express their ideas, concerns, and comments.
- JOINT MUNICIPAL/PRIVATE OWNED RECREATION CENTER – Tony Johns
- YOUTH COUNCIL PRESENTATION – Youth Council Representative
CONSENT ITEMS (5 minutes)
Items on the consent agenda are of a routine nature or have been previously studied by the City Council. They are intended to be acted upon in one motion. Council members may pull items from consent if they would like them considered separately.
- ACTION: APPROVAL TO REPLACE THE HEATER BOILERS AT CITY HALL - Administrative
The City Council will consider a request to replace the heater boilers at City Hall, and authorize the Mayor or City Administrator and City Clerk to execute the necessary contract for the project.
- RESOLUTION: ANNEXATION OF 473 SQ FT LOCATED AT 10147 N 6960 W (ANNEX-20-02) - Legislative
The City Council will hold a public meeting to consider a request by Jason Matheny to annex approximately 473 square feet of property located approximately at 10147 N 6960 W.
- ORDINANCE: APPROVAL OF THE CENTRACOM FRANCHISE AGREEMENT - Administrative
The Council will consider a request by Centracom for a franchise agreement to allow work within city right of way.
- ACTION: A REQUEST BY CENTRAL UTAH WATER CONSERVANCY DISTRICT FOR A SITE PLAN AND CONDITIONAL USE PERMIT APPROVAL FOR A PUMP STATION FOR ALPINE CITY LOCATED APPROXIMATELY AT 4361 W 11000 N (SP-20-02 AND CU-20-01) - Administrative
The City Council will hold a public meeting to consider a request by Central Utah Water Conservancy District for approval of a site plan and conditional use permit for a pump house for Alpine City.
ACTION: A REQUEST BY TRAVIS TAYLOR TO REVISE THE CONCEPT PLAN FOR BLACKSTONE/HIGHLAND VISTA Administrative (15 minutes)
The City Council will consider a request by Travis Taylor from Westfield Companies to remove the stipulation requiring basements in all units at the Blackstone/Highland Vista Development located at the northwest corner of Town Center East and Parkway East
ORDINANCE: AMENDING CHAPTER 3.08 PURCHASES AND ENCUMBRANCES Legislative (10 minutes)
The City Council will consider a request by Highland City Staff to amend Chapter 3.08 Purchases and Encumbrances related to the process for City purchases and encumbrances.
DISCUSSION: UTAH STATE AUDITOR’S FRAUD RISK ASSESSMENT & POTENTIAL ACTIONS Administrative (15 minutes)
The Council will discuss implementation of the State Auditor’s Fraud Risk Assessment and provide staff with direction. This item is being presented for discussion only, formal action will not be taken.
DISCUSSION: FISCAL YEAR 2020-2021 BUDGET OVERVIEW Administrative (15 minutes)
The Council will discuss the 2020-2021 budget, including Enterprise Funds. This item is being presented for discussion only, formal action will not be taken..
- MAYOR/COUNCIL AND STAFF COMMUNICATION ITEMS
- Discussion Items
- Victor View Lift Station Bypass Project – City Engineer Todd Trane
- Canal Blvd Update – City Engineer Todd Trane
- Paperless Billing – Mayor Rod Mann
- May 19, City Council Meeting, 7:00 pm, City Hall
- June 2, City Council Meeting, 7:00 pm, City Hall
- June 16, City Council Meeting, 7:00 pm, City Hall
- June 23, Planning Commission Meeting 7:00 pm, City Hall.