Prior to talking about Tuesday’s agenda I would like to share with you some good news. Drum roll please! On Friday May 29th we received a schedule for the construction of the East-West Connector. Work will run from first week of June (next week) to the end of November. The schedule is aggressive and relies on weather conducive to road work in November. If all goes as planned the road will be substantively completed by the end of November. Otherwise will it be completed in late spring of 2021.
An abbreviated agenda for the June 2nd City Council meeting is shown below along with my video preview. This meeting will again be held at city hall. There will be limited space because of distancing requirements. We will also stream it on our YouTube channel (click here to watch).
Note, individuals, especially those in a high-risk category, are strongly encouraged to participate in the meeting virtually!
The complete agenda (123 pages) which includes the staff reports associated with each item can be accessed by clicking here.
Tuesday,June 2, 2020 at 7:00 PM
UNSCHEDULED PUBLIC APPEARANCES
Time has been set aside for the public to express their ideas, concerns, and comments
- YOUTH COUNCIL PRESENTATION – Highland City Youth Council Representative
- VICTOR VIEW LIFT STATION – Steven Jackson, Jackson Engineering
- APPLE CREEK DEVELOPMENT – McKay Christensen
Items on the consent agenda are of a routine nature or have been previously studied by the City Council. They are intended to be acted upon in one motion. Council members may pull items from consent if they would like them considered separately.
- ACTION: Approval of Meeting Minutes for Apr 21 and May 5, 2020 Administrative
- ACTION: Boyer Ridgeview Residential LLC is requesting Final Plat approval for 3.66 acres for the purpose of building Canal Boulevard located approximately at 9900 N North County Blvd Administrative
- ACTION: Approve and authorize the Mayor to sign a contract with BD Bush Excavation for construction of the 9600 North Sewer and Road Improvement Project not to exceed $1,461,383.00 Administrative
- ACTION/ORDINANCE: A request by Highland City Staff to amend Section 13.52 of the Municipal Code relating to Flood Damage Prevention. (TA-20-09) Legislative.
PUBLIC HEARING/ORDINANCE: Adjusting the common boundaries between Alpine City and Highland City at approximately 6000 West Evergreen Way Legislative
PUBLIC HEARING/ORDINANCE: A request by Cole Peck to amend multiple sections of the development code relating to size and square footage accessory building. (TA-20-12) Legislative
PUBLIC HEARING/RESOLUTION: Setting FY21 garbage and recycling rates (1st can +$0.21, 2nd can -$0.64, recycle +$1.17) Legislative
PUBLIC HEARING/ORDINANCE: A request by Highland City staff to amending section 3-621 and section 10-102 in the development code relating to xeriscape landscaping. (TA-20-13) Legislative
DISCUSSION: Utah State auditor’s fraud risk assessment
MAYOR/COUNCIL AND STAFF COMMUNICATION ITEMS
- Future Meetings
- June 9, City Council Budget Work Session, 7:00 pm, City Hall
- June 16, City Council Meeting, 7:00 pm, City Hall
- June 23, Planning Commission Meeting, 7:00 pm, City Hall
The Highland City Council may temporarily recess the City Council meeting to convene in a closed session to discuss the character, professional competence, or physical or mental health of an individual, as provided by Utah Code Annotated §52-4-205