The 2020-21 Budget will be approved at the meeting because we have a statutory obligation approve it. We will be dipping into to reserves a little to make the budget whole. That said, we were able to mitigate the negative impact the COVID related economic slowdown is having by putting a hold on wage increases and putting limits on non-essential project. We anticipate reviewing the budget on a quarterly basis as we better understand the impact of COVID on the city.
Our first presentation will be an overview of the city survey results which I always find interesting. If you missed this on the live broadcast I believe it will be worth watching on our YouTube channel.
An abbreviated agenda for the meeting is shown below along with my video preview. This meeting will again be held at city hall. There will be limited space because of distancing requirements. We will also stream it on our YouTube channel (click here to watch).
Note, individuals, especially those in a high-risk category, are strongly encouraged to participate in the meeting virtually!
The complete agenda (225 pages) which includes the staff reports associated with each item can be accessed by clicking here.
Tuesday,June 16, 2020 at 7:00 PM
UNSCHEDULED PUBLIC APPEARANCES
Time has been set aside for the public to express their ideas, concerns, and comments
- Citizen Survey – Erin Wells, Assistant City Administrator
- Highland Fling 2020 – Corrine Prestwich, Civic Events Coordinator
Items on the consent agenda are of a routine nature or have been previously studied by the City Council. They are intended to be acted upon in one motion. Council members may pull items from consent if they would like them considered separately.
- ACTION: Approval of Meeting Minutes for May 19, 2020 Administrative
- ORDINANCE: A request by Cole Peck to amend Section 3-4109 of the Development Code relating to size and square footage of Accessory Buildings (TA-20-12) Legislative
- ACTION: Boyer Ridgeview Residential LLC is requesting Final Plat Approval for a 265-lot subdivision. The property is approximately 38 acres and is located at 9900 N North County Blvd. Administrative
- RESOLUTION: Approve recommended additions to firework restricted areas. Legislative.
ORDINANCE/PUBLIC HEARING: Annexation of 473 sq ft located at 10147 N 6960 W (ANNEX-20-02) Legislative
ACTION: A request by Jason Matheny for approval of an amendment to the Highland Ranch subdivision located approximately at 10147 N 6960 W (PA-20-02) Administrative
PUBLIC HEARING/RESOLUTION: Adopting final amendments to the Highland City 2019-2020 fiscal year budget. Legislative
PUBLIC HEARING/ORDINANCE: Approval of an interfund transfer from the pressurized irrigation fund to the general fund for budget fiscal year 2020-202. Legislative
PUBLIC HEARING/RESOLUTION: Adopting fy21 fee schedule. Legislative
RESOLUTION: Adopting the certified tax rate for fiscal year 2020-2021. Legislative
PUBLIC HEARING/RESOLUTION: Adoption of the final highland city budget for fiscal year 2020-2021. Legislative
RESOLUTION: Approval of an interlocal agreement with Utah County regarding the use of CARES Act funds Administrative
ACTION: Set a budget for the revision to Wildrose Park. Administrative
MAYOR/COUNCIL AND STAFF COMMUNICATION ITEMS
- Future Meetings
- June 23, Planning Commission Meeting, 7:00 pm, City Hall
- July 7, City Council Meeting 7:00 pm, City Hall
- July 21, City Council Meeting, 7:00 pm, City Hall
- July 28, Planning Commission Meeting, 7:00 pm, City Hall