This should be a relative short meeting. We will be covering a few items I believe are particularly important:
- Envision Utah will review a report based on an extensive survey they conducted for all Utah County that deal with the type of growth and locations residents preferred. If you are interested in what type of growth we can expect over the next 20 to 30 years in the county and where it will be located this will be a good presentation to watch.
- The council will discuss a resolution to indicate support for the funding and legal obligations associated with a $2M grant to help cover the cost of adding water meters to existing pressurized irrigation connections.
- An addition to our municipal code related to parking vehicles for sale on public streets. We've a had a number of complaints related to this and police will now have the authority to address it.
An abbreviated agenda for the meeting is shown below along with my video preview. This meeting will be held at city hall but there will be limited space because of distancing requirements. We will also stream it on our YouTube channel (click here to watch).
Note, individuals, especially those in a high-risk category, are strongly encouraged to participate in the meeting virtually!
The complete agenda (65 pages) which includes the staff reports associated with each item can be accessed by clicking here.
Tuesday, August 18, 2020 at 7:00 PM
UNSCHEDULED PUBLIC APPEARANCES
Time has been set aside for the public to express their ideas, concerns, and comments.
- Police Department Accreditation Presentation: Executive Director of the Utah Chiefs of Police Association, Val Schuple and Lone Peak Police Chief Brian Gwilliam.
- Valley Visioning Presentation: Leota Coyne, Envision Utah
Items on the consent agenda are of a routine nature or have been previously studied by the City Council. They are intended to be acted upon in one motion. Council members may pull items from consent if they would like them considered separately.
- ACTION: Approval of Meeting Minutes for July 7, 2020 Administrative – Administrative
- ACTION: Ferran Construction is requesting Preliminary Plat Approval for a 4-lot subdivision. The property is approximately 4.1 acres and is located at 4562 W 11000 N – Administrative.
PUBLIC HEARING/ORDINANCE: A request by Bjorn And Katie Nordstrom for approval to remove a redundant trail easement in the Horseshoe Bend Subdivision located approximately at 6541 W Avery Ave (Pa-20-03) – Administrative
RESOLUTION: Intent on funding and legal obligations for a $2M Watersmart Grant with the Bureau of Reclamation for the installation of water meters for the city’s secondary irrigation system – Administrative
ACTION/ORDINANCE: A request by Highland City staff to amend section 10.08 of the Municipal Code relating to parking vehicles for sale on public streets (TA-20-14) – Legislative
ACTION: Letter of support – Utah Lake Commission municipal members’ perspective on toxin guidance – Administrative
MAYOR/COUNCIL AND STAFF COMMUNICATION ITEMS
- Future Meetings
- August 25, Planning Commission Meeting, 7:00 pm, City Hall
- September 1, City Council Meeting, 7:00 pm, City Hall
- September 15, City Council Meeting, 7:00 pm, City Hall
- September 22, Planning Commission Meeting, 7:00 pm, City Hall