This should be a good meeting. For me the most interesting agenda items are:
- Introduction to the council and residents of our new financial director Tyler Bahr. He comes to us from San Antonio, TX where he was an assistant finance director. He is enthusiastic and has a track record of improving processes.
- A Planned Area Development for 5.8 acres in Town Center (Apple Creek). This proposal includes two office buildings with a total of 23,000 sq. ft. and 42 homes: 16 villas (single family homes), 16 twin homes, and 10 brownstones (town homes). You can find more details on Apple Creek in the meeting agenda (Item #4 Staff Report). In the meeting preview video below I share some of my thoughts on the project.
- Creation of an Inclusivity Committee. This was an outgrowth of a couple of meetings that were held in June, including my Meet with the Mayor session. You can watch the June Meet with the Mayor and learn more about the genesis of the committee by reading this post.
An abbreviated agenda for the meeting is shown below along with my video preview. This meeting will be held at city hall but there will be limited space because of distancing requirements. We will also stream it on our YouTube channel (click here to watch).
Note, individuals, especially those in a high-risk category, are strongly encouraged to participate in the meeting virtually!
The complete agenda (143 pages) which includes the staff reports associated with each item can be accessed by clicking here.
Tuesday, August 4, 2020 at 7:00 PM
UNSCHEDULED PUBLIC APPEARANCES
Time has been set aside for the public to express their ideas, concerns, and comments.
- Introduction of New Finance Director – Tyler Bahr
Items on the consent agenda are of a routine nature or have been previously studied by the City Council. They are intended to be acted upon in one motion. Council members may pull items from consent if they would like them considered separately.
- ACTION: Approval of City Council Meeting Minutes, June 16, 2020 – Administrative
- ACTION: Ratification of a Change Order with Stake & Parson Companies for Construction of the 2020 Road Rehabilitation Project for $56,568.96 for Argo Circle – Administrative.
PUBLIC HEARING/ORDINANCE: Mckay Christensen is requesting to rezone 5.8 acres from Town Center Retail and Town Center Flex Use to Planned Area Development. The property is approximately 5.8 acres and is located approximately at 10786 N 5320 W (PD-19-03) – Legislative
ACTION/ORDINANCE: A request by Highland City staff to add chapter 12.08.050 New Roads Serving Property Outside Highland City Corporate Limits to the Municipal Code (TA-20-08) – Legislative
ACTION: Improvement agreement with Boyer Ridgeview LLC regarding infrastructure improvements for the Ridgeview Development – Administrative
ACTION: Approval of a bid with Wasatch Lawns and Landscape in the amount of $89,884.67 for the construction of the Adonis Drive Streetscape – Administrative
ACTION/RESOLUTION: Creation of an ad hoc Inclusivity Committee – Administrative
DISCUSSION: CARES Act Funding
- MAYOR/COUNCIL AND STAFF COMMUNICATION ITEMS
- Future Meetings
- August 18, City Council Meeting, 7:00 pm, City Hall
- August 25, Planning Commission Meeting, 7:00 pm, City Hall
- September 1, City Council Meeting, 7:00 pm, City Hall
The Highland City Council may temporarily recess the City Council meeting to convene in a closed session to discuss pending or reasonable imminent litigation and the character, professional competence, or physical or mental health of an individual, as provided by Utah Code Annotated §52-4-205.