In this preview of the 7-Jul-2020 Highland City council meeting agenda, in my view, the most interesting items are:
- The Natura Solve presentation on an organic solution that can be added to our pressurized irrigation system that has the potential to reduce water requirements by 20% to 50% and fertilizer needs by 30% to 50% and
- The 3 open space maintenance agreements (items 4-6).
- The presentation by our library director where she will discuss fund raising goals.
An abbreviated agenda for the meeting is shown below along with my video preview. This meeting will again be held at city hall. There will be limited space because of distancing requirements. We will also stream it on our YouTube channel (click here to watch).
Note, individuals, especially those in a high-risk category, are strongly encouraged to participate in the meeting virtually!
The complete agenda (169 pages) which includes the staff reports associated with each item can be accessed by clicking here.
Tuesday, July 7, 2020 at 7:00 PM
UNSCHEDULED PUBLIC APPEARANCES
Time has been set aside for the public to express their ideas, concerns, and comments
- City Youth Council Update – Youth City Council Representative
- Library Policy Update – Library Director Donna Cardon
- Natura Solve – Jennifer Mitchell, Dave Beck, Bryon Tarbet, PhD
Items on the consent agenda are of a routine nature or have been previously studied by the City Council. They are intended to be acted upon in one motion. Council members may pull items from consent if they would like them considered separately.
- ACTION: Approval of June 2 and 9 2020 Meeting Minutes – Administrative
- ACTION: SBGS Ridgeline Holdings, LLC is requesting Final Plat Approval for a 7-lot subdivision. The property is approximately 2.85 acres and is located at 10272 N 4800 W – Administrative
- ACTION: Approval of an easement for Rocky Mountain Power and Central Utah Water Conservancy District for property located approximately at 4361 W 11000 N – Administrative
- ACTION: Approval of the Crown Castle Fiber, LLC (Crown Castle) Franchise Agreement – Administrative.
ACTION: Approval of open space maintenance plan for Thad Abbott for property in the Beacon Hill subdivision – Administrative
ACTION: Approval of open space maintenance plan for Shane and Kaylee Manwaring for a property in the Chamberry Fields subdivision – Administrative
ACTION: Approval of open space maintenance plan for Jacob & Lori LaMarr for a property in the Beacon Hill subdivision – Administrative
ACTION: Approve and authorize the mayor to sign a contract with rock canyon excavation for construction of the View Pointe flood control channel project not to exceed $158,000 – Administrative
ACTION: Millhaven Development is requesting preliminary plat approval for a 10-lot subdivision. the property is approximately 10.21 acres and is located at 5400 W Evergreen Way – Administrative
MAYOR/COUNCIL AND STAFF COMMUNICATION ITEMS
- Future Meetings
- July 21, City Council Meeting, 7:00 pm, City Hall
- July 28, Planning Commission Meeting, 7:00 pm, City Hall
- August 4, City Council Meeting, 7:00 pm, City Hall
- August 18, City Council Meeting, 7:00 pm, City Hall
- August 25, Planning Commission Meeting, 7:00 pm, City Hall