My Christmas gift this year to you, dear readers, are scanned copies of pictures from The Coloured Picture Bible for Children  which was published in London in 1884. These can be used for family home evening lessons or other teaching opportunities.
I first found these online when I was looking for images to use in earlier blog posts that covered biblical topics . I recently purchased my own copy of the children’s Bible. It’s a small book (6”x7”x1”) and while the illustrations are great the writing could be better.
The picture bible is divided into into 4 sections. I’ve create a blog entry for each one (“I. Creation of the World to the Death of Moses”, II. “Judges, Ruth & Kings”, III. “Hezekiah to the end of the Old Testament”, and IV. “The Holy Gospels”) where the illustrations are shown in the order they appear.
Note, At the end of the post I’ve included links to download all pictures for each section and a scanned version of the entire children's Bible.
From the Creation of the World to the Death of Moses
Each JPEG image’s properties contain the name of the picture, associated scripture reference, text of the scripture and the name of the illustrator. The file names match the title of the picture as found in the book.
- All Section I pictures plus a single pdf file containing 5x7 versions of all pictures (zipfile 11.5 MB)
- All Section II pictures plus a single pdf file containing 5x7 versions of all pictures (zipfile 12.5 MB)
- All Section III pictures plus a single pdf file containing 5x7 versions of all pictures (zipfile 10.5 MB)
- All Section IV pictures plus a single pdf file containing 5x7 versions of all pictures (zipfile 10.5 MB)
- Scanned copy of the entire children's Bible (pdf 14 MB)
- The Coloured Children’s Bible (illustrated by Richard Andre), London: The Society for Promoting Christian Knowledge, 1884.